Back when i could afford health insurance, i had the best... Blue Cross PPO in California. I was 38 years old when i got it... never sick before that.... well, mostly never sick. When I was 29, I got hit by a sting-ray in the surf and wound up with endocarditis, an infection around the heart.
My premium started at $345 per month (seemed like a great deal of money at the time ) about 10% of my income at the time. A couple of deseases later, and surgery, and three hospitilazations later, and that $345 premium wound up at $1057.00 just a short 5 years later... Now, I am disabled and subsist on Medicaid, which is probably better than Obamacare.
Sure, there are long waits for treatment,and a third of those treatments are denied, but hey, prescription are only $1 dollar co-pay. Obamacare is a total scam...it is not a 'state run' health care system, but rathera state mandated system whereby you are forced to purchase a private health insurance policy...
So basically, when insurance companies have a captive purchaser, they jack up the rates... as many of you are now understanding. That, and it is going to cost a butt-load of taxpayer funds to administer... get ready to get soaked. additionally, when the the young realize that they are paying for the old, the young will balk. When they balk, old folks will die.
You'll wish you taught the young better.
Den
No comments:
Post a Comment