Friday, June 1, 2012
A Too Bright Moon…
“A Too Bright Moon” was the title of a Sci-Fi short story that I read as a boy. The characters in the short story discerned from the Too Bright Moon that the Sun had exploded on the day-side of the planet. The author’s name is lost to time and memory.
The moon has been too bright for many years now (5 years), and so the sun. For all of my years on this planet, the Sun was an inviting Yellow Orb. Think about it, the Sun has always been depicted as a yellow orb; whether on Captain Kangaroo, or Mr. Rogers, or even the TeleTubies, or any depiction where the Sun was shown, it was a warm yellow color. Not anymore!
Now the Sun is this white-hot disk. The Sun is painful to endure… people, whether they admit it or not, seek shade in the lee of telephone poles, or the stray awning, or the shade of a tree, because the Sun is White-Hot. It has not been warm-yellow for five or six years now, but a blue-white-hot disk. And the Moon is Too Bright. The moon hurts the eyes to look at on any given night. Very strange indeed.
I have spent most of my life out in the Sun working, or out in the night playing, and I am here to tell you that it has changed colors about 5 years ago. What is up with that? No-one is telling, not scientists, not astronomers, not anyone… But me. I am sounding the alert, the Sun has changed! What could it mean? What could it mean for mankind? What could it mean for plants? For animals?
Did you notice that the trees budded early, or the trees had leaves early? You weren’t paying attention were you? I think the early buds & leaves were due to the quality of the light from the Sun. And then there is that Too Bright Moon at night… You look tomorrow night, and in the Day after that and tell me that the Sun has not hanged. I dare you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment