OWS is a cool start to the correction that we need (badly & desperately) here in the Good ol’ US of A, but OWS is aimless, futile and smells like hippies… What we really need in a Fuck You and In Your Face NO CONFIDENCE voting mechanism. ON EVERY ballot, there needs to be a NO CONFIDENCE choice that says: “I showed up to vote,” however, “I have NO CONFIDENCE that the offered choices for my vote will carry out my wishes…” so I as a voting citizen, ”abstain from this vote.” If more than 50% VOTE “NO CONFIDENCE” Then no one is elected. Pretty simple, huh?
Imagine, if you will, when they proffer a shit sandwich vs. A douche bag choice to you, and you choose “neither…” I mean really, what clearer message can we send? It says: “I showed up to vote… But the choice was fucked up beyond what I am willing to accept, so I vote no, neither, or not any of these…” choices you proffered. - I ain’t buying! FUCK THAT!
So tomorrow, I start lobbying Colorado to include a NO CONFIDENCE vote checkbox on every ballot choice. Call your local election board and demand a “NO CONFIDENCE” choice on each ballot pick. We have a little less than a year to get it going, so start now. More on the theory later (I just thought this up…)
Den

No comments:
Post a Comment